Eastern Illinois University’s Cultural Center
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday (8:30 am – 11:00 pm)
Summer hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday – Friday
Wednesday Evenings [6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. - RESERVED]
* Weekend hours can be open by request.
The Cultural Center was opened December 15, 1970, and is located across the street from Old Main at 1525 7th Street. The center serves as a positive force in the community to help bring together students throughout the campus as a place where students get that feeling of “home” for studying, relaxation, social events, retreats, etc. Some of the goals for the house are:
- To serve as a vehicle for recognized student organizations to host workshops, seminars, and/or retreats;
- To make everyone feel at home on campus and in the community by creating a space where people from historically different backgrounds feel included;
- To provide opportunities for all students to engage in the vital cultural and social experience of meeting, interacting with, and learning from students of diverse backgrounds.
The Cultural Center (living room, conference room, multipurpose room & kitchen) can be used for the following:
- Study Sessions
- Brown bag Luncheons
(Tables/chairs available for use)
The Cultural Center facilities are available and must be reserved in advance by clicking on the link below or stopping by the Office of Minority Affairs (1122 Blair Hall).
Please click here to complete the reservation form
Reservation InformationWhile making a reservation please make sure to include the email and phone number of your organization advisor. Please include the description of the event (if your event is recurring-list all days requesting).
All reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance. The contact and advisor will receive a confirmation or rejection notification. If it has been rejected due to a conflict, you may be contacted via telephone to reschedule.
1. All events will conform to established rules and regulations of the University.
2. The Center will be scheduled for use on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS.
3. Scheduling for the center must be made Two weeks IN ADVANCE of the event.
4. If CANCELING a request, please notify the Minority Affairs Office IN WRITING 2 WORKING DAYS PRIOR (or call 581-6690) to the event.
5. The center MAY NOT be scheduled for more than 2 CONSECUTIVE DAYS A WEEK without explanation from advisor.
6. Regular activity hours for the center are 9 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Mon. - Thurs; Fri. - Sat., 9 a.m. - 12 a.m.; Sun., 1 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
7. Any person or organization using the center will be held responsible for ANY DAMAGE OR THEFTS TO PROPERTY while in use by that person or organization.
8. No articles should be removed from the center at any time.
9. Any person or organization using the center shall be responsible for CLEANING (vacuuming and removal of trash), REPLACING MOVED FURNITURE, CLEANING ANY APPLIANCES USED (stove, refrigerator, microwave), and SECURING and LOCKING the center after each use.
10. Absolutely NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, DRUGS, OR WEAPONS will be allowed on the premises. Violators will be subject to prosecution and privileges revoked.
11. There will be NO PLEDGING OR HAZING EVENTS held in the Center. Violators will be subject to prosecution and privileges revoked.
12. For all after hour events, the Center will be unlocked by the University Police Department (UPD) unless prior arrangements have been made in advance.
I have read and hereby agree to abide by the University Regulations governing the usage of the Cultural Center.