Courses and Scheduling Information
SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
This schedule of courses identifies our currently offered courses for Spring 2017 for the Charleston and Parkland campuses. The .pdf document has two pages. 1) A tentative schedule of each of the MBA class in rotation over a number of semesters, 2) Spring 2017 MBA schedule.
APPROVAL OF ELECTIVE COURSES
For a list of approved elective courses, click here.
- Accountancy Concentration Students must take electives with the prefix ACC.
- Applied Management Option must take one course from the pre-approved list. Other graduate-level courses available at EIU, numbered 4750 or higher, may be considered and approved by the Coordinator of Graduate Business Studies by completing the following steps:
Internships can be used to earn MBA elective credit for the Applied Management Option or for general MBA elective credit. Most MBA-level internships become available through the student's efforts to secure professional employment or develop relationships with a prospective future employer. The Graduate Coordinator provides notification of internships as employers indicate they are available, but most internships initiated by employers are at the undergraduate level. Thus, MBA students are encouraged to reach out to prospective employers and ask if internship possibilities exist. The Graduate Coordinator can help coordinate these efforts once a prospective internship and site has been identified.
MBA for-credit Internship Registration and Enrollment Process:
1. Internship Site Application: This form is for the organization to complete before or once they have identified a prospective intern. Information for organizations about internships for the MBA program, the paperwork that needs to be completed and deadlines can be found here.
2. Internship Proposal and Learning Agreement: Once an intern and organization have been identified, the prospective intern works with the organizational representative to complete a learning agreement. This includes the major learning objectives that are to be accomplished during the internship, the types of projects and tasks that the student will be assigned to achieve these objectives, and confirm the internship details (hours, salary, contact information of supervisor). This paperwork must be submitted at least one month prior to the start of the semester for final approval by the School of Business, and so that the class is added to the student's schedule once approved.
3. Mid-Term Evaluation and Final Evaluation: The site supervisor is responsible for providing a mid-term and final evaluation to the Graduate Coordinator of the student and their work. Forms for each are provided and linked.
4. Internship Portfolio Instructions: The MBA internship student is required to complete and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org two progress reports during the term and an internship portfolio to the Coordinator of Graduate Business studies no later than the last day of the regular semester. These requirements may be altered by the Graduate Coordinator to reflect the credit hours and length of internship. Please confirm your student requirements as an intern with the Coordinator of Graduate Business Studies prior to the start of the internship.