EIU STEPS IT UP begins Monday, April 22, 2013
and ends Sunday, June 16, 2013
Open to all Eastern Illinois University employees, EIU STEPS IT UP is an eight-week program to help you increase energy, relieve stress, and promote a healthier lifestyle. Every step you take counts — from when you wake up in the morning until you go to bed at night. Weekends count too!
In addition to the daily steps you already take, you can take the stairs instead of the elevator, park further away from the office and walk, or take walks while discussing business (the fresh air might inspire fresh ideas) to add more steps to your day.
**Check out the Scale It Down program running simultaneously. You may join one or both to help maximize your goals.
Last year, you gathered 39,293,765 steps or approximately 18,146 miles, an average of per person! Awesome! Let's see if collectively we can surpass the average numbers of 381,493 steps per person from last year.
REGISTRATION, Now until April 23:
Registration is closed. Sign in using your EIU net id and password.
- Participate individually but you may also participate as part of a team (five to seven members).
- Keep track of your daily steps using a pedometer or use the conversion charts for bicycling or other activities. Please use your pedometer when possible and use the conversion chart for activities such as swimming, bicycling, etc.
- A walking log is available for your convenience.
- Enter your weekly totals on the EIU STEPS It Up website and view the leader boards for individuals and teams.
Teams: Gather a team of 5 to 7 and decide on a name.
- The first person to register and initiate a team is considered the captain
- For your convenience, the team Captain may register other team members at the same time. If it is not convenient, each participant may register and choose the team name from the drop-down list.
- Team scores will be the average of the individual scores.
- The team members you begin with are the team members you end with. I cannot remove team members once the program has started.
- Team members will challenge and support each other as your team competes with other teams.
A celebration at the end of the program will recognize all individuals for their motivation and hard work. We will also recognize the top three walkers with the most steps/miles and for the top three teams with the most steps/miles at the end of the eight weeks. More details later.
Contact Julie Benedict at 581-8415 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
Scale it Down
Need some extra help trying to become the best version of yourself? "Scale it Down" is a new program where employees of EIU are able to challenge themselves to become the healthiest person they can be.
Registration is open until April 5th. Visit the "Scale it Down" website for more information and to register.