EIU Steps It Up
Began Monday, April 21, 2014
Ends Sunday, June 29, 2014
Open to all Eastern Illinois University employees, EIU STEPS IT UP is a ten-week program to help you increase energy, relieve stress, and promote a healthier lifestyle. Every step you take counts — from when you wake up in the morning until you go to bed at night. Weekends count too!
In addition to the daily steps you already take, you can take the stairs instead of the elevator, park further away from the office and walk, or take walks while discussing business (the fresh air might inspire fresh ideas) to add more steps to your day.
**Check out the Scale It Down program running simultaneously. You may join one or both to help maximize your goals. Registration for Scale It Down is available on the Steps It Up registration page.
Last year, you gathered 38,706,191 steps or approximately 19,353 miles, an average of 516,082 steps per person! Awesome! Let's see if collectively we can surpass the average numbers of 516,082 steps per person from last year.
Registration - Now until April 21st:
Register here. (Sign in using your EIU net id and password.)
- Participate individually but you may also participate as part of a team (five to seven members).
- Keep track of your daily steps using a pedometer or use the conversion charts for bicycling or other activities. Please use your pedometer when possible and use the conversion chart for activities such as swimming, bicycling, etc.
- A walking log is available for your convenience.
- Enter your weekly totals on the EIU STEPS It Up website and view the leader boards for individuals and teams.
Teams: Gather a team of 5 to 7 and decide on a name.
- The first person to register and initiate a team is considered the captain
- For your convenience, the team Captain may register other team members at the same time. If it is not convenient, each participant may register and choose the team name from the drop-down list.
- Team scores will be the average of the individual scores.
- The team members you begin with are the team members you end with. I cannot remove team members once the program has started.
- Team members will challenge and support each other as your team competes with other teams.
A celebration at the end of the program will recognize all individuals for their motivation and hard work. We will also recognize the top three walkers with the most steps/miles and for the top three teams with the most steps/miles at the end of the eight weeks. More details later.
Contact Julie Benedict at 581-8415 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.