Superior Performance Award
Now Accepting Nominations through December 11, 2015
For more information or questions, please contact:
Committee Chair, Dr. Richard Enyard, 2010 Old Main
President Glassman has extended the Superior Performance Award pilot program for one year. The award, which is a collaboration effort between the Civil Service Council and the President, acknowledges and rewards demonstrated outstanding contributions of non-negotiated Civil Service and Administrative & Professional (A&P) staff who exemplify exceptional levels of work performance and display high regard and loyalty toward Eastern Illinois University (EIU) and to their job responsibilities. Individuals receiving this award exhibit exceptional customer service, display a positive can-do attitude, are team players, give extra effort, are creative in their ability to resolve problems, and are committed to the University mission.
Superior Performance Award Recipients
Awardees for 2013, 2014, and 2015 may be found at the Superior Performance Awardee website.
Non-negotiated Civil Service and A&P employees with at least five years of consecutive EIU employment at the time of nomination are eligible.
Vice Presidents, Faculty, Deans, Department Chairs, employees serving in the capacity of Director (Interims included), judging panel, and past recipients are ineligible for award consideration.
Each year up to ten awards at $500.00 each (before taxes) will be presented. The award will be a uniform one-time lump sum payment not added to base salary.
The committee consists of seven (7) voting members: one (1) non-negotiated Civil Service and one (1) A&P employee chosen by the President, one (1) employee from each Vice Presidential Area, and one (1) employee from Civil Service Council.
The seven (7) members must be full-time, non-negotiated Civil Service and/or A&P employees. The Chair will be the Director of Human Resources, Dr. Richard Enyard and is a non-voting member.
Candidate criteria to be utilized:
- The nominee promotes a positive and respectful workplace and responds to change/new ideas/people and EIU goals.
- The nominee demonstrates excellence and integrity in their work performance and promotes a positive and respectful workplace.
- The nominee displays a positive can-do attitude and shows commitment and loyalty to EIU’s mission.
- The nominee demonstrates efforts to improve self and others and contributes to his/her profession outside of job assignment.
- The nominee enhances his/her departments’ image and represents EIU in a positive manner. The nominee exhibits exceptional customer service.
- The nominee demonstrates commitment to teamwork through their excellent service and shares their knowledge to achieve success.
- The nominee exhibits initiative, innovation and creativity that result in improvements in their respective department or EIU as a whole and responds strategically to departmental or institutional goals.
Thank you to the Civil Service Council for making this award possible.
For more information or questions, please contact Dr. Richard Enyard, 217-581-3514, email@example.com, Human Resources, 2010 Old Main