University Court Summer Information
To be eligible for summer housing at University Court you need to sign up for your classes. All residents must be students. The apartments are furnished. Each apartment is furnished with a stove and fridge, window A/C, couch with chair or loveseat, end tables, dining table with 4 dining chairs, XL twin bed, desk & desk chair and a dresser. Each unit has internet connection, premium cable package, and local phone service (phone and tv NOT provided). Prior to reserving a unit for summer school we need:
- After you register for classes, print a copy of your summer class schedule and submit it with your application.
- Completed U Court Summer Application, click here
- All move-ins occur on Fridays (The office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.) If you miss your Friday move-in, you may move in on the next business day we are open.
- After you have been assigned an address and have signed a contract you need to initiate electric utility service through Ameren. (You must have a physical apartment address to complete this step and an executed contract.) This process must be completed prior to your move-in date. Ameren will require your social security card and driver’s license or state ID. If you are staying for 4 weeks only the University will maintain utilities for your residency. There will be an allowance of $150 for the 4 week period. The $150 allowance will be added to the cost of the apartment. If the student(s) exceed that allowance the cost will be billed back to the student(s) via their student account.
- The cost is per apartment per month. The cost ranges from $480 to $527/month. Terms of residence must be 4 weeks or longer. Residents can request a roommate or request sole occupancy. If there are roommate(s), the amount is divided by the number of roommates. There are no guarantees that a roommate can be provided.
- All apartments have two bedrooms. First floor apartments (in Cooper, Elliott, Gabbard, Giffin, Hampton and Saunders buildings) are less expensive than upper floor apartments. All upper floor apartments have a balcony. The first floor units cost $480/month and the upper floor units cost $513/month.
- Larger apartments located in the Bloomfield, Lancaster and Yorkshire buildings have different rates. A first floor unit in the larger apartments are $508/month and in the upper floor units the cost is $527/month.
- There is a one-time only non-refundable application fee of $50. This must be paid via check or money order made payable to Eastern Illinois University.
- No children are allowed to live in the apartment (short weekend visits permissible).
- All applications should be mailed to: 810 University Court, Charleston IL 61920
University Court has 2 bedroom apartments. The rent varies depends upon the number of students who live in the apartment, the floor plan, and the level the apartment is on. First floor (or sub-ground/sort of like a basement) are less expensive than second or third floor apartments.
|The move-in/move-out dates are as follows:|
|Time needed||MOVE-IN DATE||MOVE-OUT DATE|
In place already
|Staying for fall 2014|