University Apartments Application Timeline
- Return the enclosed housing application and a $50 non-refundable application fee to establish a priority for an apartment assignment. You have to be accepted to the university to start the assignment process.
- A State of Illinois criminal background check is required for all non-student adult spouse occupants for the apartments prior to receiving assignment. There is a $18 fee for background checks. The fee and completed background check form must accompany the application. Check are made payable to Eastern Illinois University. For more information call 217-581-5111
- A contract will be mailed to you in March (fall semester) or October (spring semester).
- An apartment assignment letter will be mailed to you in June (fall semester) or December (spring semester).
- The deadline to cancel the contract is July 1 for students moving in to University Apartments at the onset of the fall semester or Dec. 1 for students moving in to University Apartments at the onset of the spring semester.
- A housing down payment of $250 is due Aug. 1 for the fall semester regardless of financial aid. If you are applying for the spring semester only the $250 down payment is due Dec. 1.
Students requiring special accommodations should contact Disability Services (217-581-6583) as well as University Housing (217-581-5111) or Dining Services (217-581-5733) at their earliest convenience in order to discuss any particular needs before coming to campus.