Resident Assistants (RAs) are student peer leaders responsible for learning communities in university housing here at Eastern Illinois University. The RA position provides real-life experiences in working with and helping other people, conflict resolution, team building and many others. The position is a premiere leadership experience and one of the most challenging and fulfilling student leadership opportunities at EIU.
RAs are compassionate, responsible, fun, and out-going student leaders who create a welcoming environment and serves as a resource to their residents. The RA position is more than just a job; it is a leadership journey that offers infinite opportunities for one’s success and development at EIU and beyond.Take a look at the RA Job Description also see What our Resident Assistants are saying.
Applicants must also create an eRezLife account using their EIU e-mail address and add eRezLife Software System (email@example.com) to their contacts in order to receive communications regarding the Resident Assistant position.
Qualifications for the position
- I will be a full-time EIU student (registered for 12 credit hours or more) in the spring semester. If hired, I will be a full-time EIU student during my term of employment. (Note: Lakeland College of Nursing students are not eligible)
- I plan to have 24 credit hours by the start of NEXT fall semester.
- I understand that I must have a cumulative GPA 2.5 or higher when grades are posted at the end of this fall semester, and if hired, for my term of employment I understand I must maintain the department's minimum GPA requirement. (NOTE: Applicants with GPA's of 2.5 or lower when fall grades are posted will not be considered for employment.)
- I will have lived in University Housing for two semesters prior to my term of employment.
- I am in good judicial standing with the university. If not, please explain: Monique Harmon
Timeline for the Resident Assistant Hiring Process
|Nov. 4th||RA Informational Meetings at 4pm||Stevenson Hall, Indiana Room|
|Nov. 11th||RA Informational Meetings at 7pm||Pemberton Hall, Great Hall|
|Nov. 20th||RA Informational Meetings at 5pm||Thomas Hall, Thomas Classroom|
|Dec. 2nd||RA Informational Meetings at 6pm||MLK Union, Oakland Room|
|Jan. 17th||RA Applications Due by 4:00pm|
|Jan. 28th - Feb 5th||In-Hall Interviews||TBA|
|Feb. 20th - 23rd||Departmental Interview for RA candidates||TBA|
|Mar. 17h||RA Letters delivered to candidates|
|April 6th-7th||RA Workshop Week 1||TBA|
|April 13th-14th||RA Workshop Week 2||TBA|
|April 20st-21nd||RA Workshop Week 3||TBA|