Resident Assistant Application
Resident Assistants (RAs) are student peer leaders responsible for learning communities in university housing here at Eastern Illinois University. The RA position provides real-life experiences in working with and helping other people, conflict resolution, team building and many others. The position is a premiere leadership experience and one of the most challenging and fulfilling student leadership opportunities at EIU.
RAs are compassionate, responsible, fun, and out-going student leaders who create a welcoming environment and serves as a resource to their residents. The RA position is more than just a job; it is a leadership journey that offers infinite opportunities for one’s success and development at EIU and beyond.Take a look at the RA Job Description and see what our current Resident Assistant are saying.
Applicants must log into eRezLife using their EIU NetID and password. We also recommend that applicants add eRezLife Software System (firstname.lastname@example.org) to their contacts in order to receive communications regarding the Resident Assistant position.
Qualifications for the position
- Should be a full-time EIU student (registered for 12 credit hours or more) in the spring semester. If hired, I will be a full-time EIU student during my term of employment. (Note: Lakeland College of Nursing students are not eligible)
- Should have 24 credit hours by the start of NEXT fall semester.
- Should have a cumulative GPA 2.5 or higher when grades are posted at the end of this fall semester, and if hired, for my term of employment must maintain the department's minimum GPA requirement. (NOTE: Applicants with GPA's of 2.5 or lower when fall grades are posted will not be considered for employment.)
- Lived in University Housing for two semesters prior to my term of employment.
- Should be in good judicial standing with the university.
Timeline for the Resident Assistant Hiring Process
|Nov. 3rd||RA Informational Meetings||RA Informational Meeting in Stevo lobby from 6-7pm
RA Applications available on-line
|Nov. 17th||RA Informational Meetings||Pemberton Hall, Great Hall 7pm|
|Nov. 19th||RA Informational Meetings
||Thomas Hall, Thomas Classroom at 8pm
|Dec. 2nd||RA Informational Meetings||RA Informational Meeting in MLK Union in
Charleston Mattoon Room at 7pm
|Jan. 16th||RA Applications Due by 4:00pm|
|Jan. 27th - Feb 2nd||In-Hall Interviews||TBA|
|Feb. 11th - 12th
Feb. 16th -17th
|Departmental Interview for RA candidates||TBA|
|Mar. 6th||RA Letters delivered to candidates|
|April 12th-13th||RA Workshop Week 1||TBA|
|April 19th-20th||RA Workshop Week 2||TBA|
|April 26th-27th||RA Workshop Week 3||TBA|