Early Bird Details
SIGN UP IS BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 24, 2016, and NOVEMBER 30, 2016
- Students signing Early Bird contracts are given room assignment priority.
- $200 in Dining Dollars + a limited edition EIU hoodie for every student who completes the Early Bird Contract and down payment by October 23, 2016.
- $100 in Dining Dollars for every student who completes the Early Bird Contract and down payment between October 24, 2016 and November 30, 2016.
- All students participating are also entered into a drawing to win free room and board for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- The Dining Dollars will be added to the student's Panther Card upon move in for the Fall Semester, 2017.
- The limited edition EIU hoodie will be available in the upcoming weeks.
- Complete the room and board contracts and pay the $250 Housing Down Payment between September 24, 2016 and
November 30, 2016.
- Contract Cancellation Deadline is November 30, 2016, if returning as a student for Fall 2017.
- Drawing Date – to be announced.
- Dining Dollars added to Panther Card upon
Fall 2017 Move-In.
Many great incentives are available for students who commit early to living in the residence halls or Greek Court. The decision to cancel the Early Bird Contract must be made by November 30, 2016. After November 30, 2016, students are obligated to their Early Bird Contract for the 2017-2018 academic year, addressed in section d below. However, if students will no longer be enrolled at the university, the terms of cancellation are the same as the regular room and board contract, see sections a and b below.
a. If the student cancels this contract and withdraws from University Housing and Dining Services and the University on or before June 12, 2017 for the Fall Semester, the student shall be entitled to a refund of the housing down payment.
b. If the student cancels this contract and withdraws from University Housing and Dining Services and the University after June 12, 2017 for the Fall Semester and has made the housing down payment, the housing down payment of $250 shall be forfeited. The $250 housing down payment is not required for students continuing from the fall into the spring semester.
c. If the student cancels this contract and withdraws after December 15, 2017 for the spring semester 2018, the $250 cancellation charge will be billed to the student’s university account.
d. If the student cancels this contract after Nov 30, 2016 has made the housing down payment and is enrolled at the University during the term of this contract, the student shall be required to pay the entire room and board charges for the Fall and Spring Semesters.