Welcome to the Sandra and Jack Pine Honors College
- Service and Community
- Leadership and Intellectual Growth
The Pine Honors College helps strong students excel by providing exceptional Honors classes; service and extracurricular opportunities; and support for undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive to unite a diverse community of scholars as they seek to make the most of their four years at EIU and prepare themselves to take up their place in the world.
We offer students:
- small, Honors-only, engaging classes that help you grow while meeting general education requirements.
- service and extracurricular opportunities, on and off campus
- support for undergraduate research and study abroad
- perks such as Honors Housing, priority registration, and scholarships
- a great community of strong students with diverse interests - your Honors peers are leaders in athletics, student government, newspaper, band, and all sorts of campus clubs.
The Sandra and Jack Pine Honors College was founded as the "Honors Programs" in 1982 to meet the needs of academically talented students. In April 2014, it was named for Sandra and Jack Pine, Eastern Illinois University alumni, in recognition of their outstanding support of their alma mater. Honors encourages intellectual and social growth. Students interested in small classes, caring faculty, and administrators as well as carefully thought out courses of study should think about joining the programs. Much of what you need is provided in one place - honors housing, advising, scholarships, research grants, priority registration, and, most importantly, a professional and committed staff. Since 1982, and our original 56 students, we have grown to now include over 500 students representing all colleges and the majority of majors.
Other Admissions Offices
- Bachelor of General Studies Program
- Graduate School
- International Programs
- Transfer Relations
Other Quick Links
- Cost to Attend
- EIU Scholarship Search
- GPA Calculator
- Graduation Procedures and Dates
- Financial Aid
- Housing and Dining