Come Visit Us!
When can I visit EIU's History Department?
We would be happy to have you visit us anytime we are in session, and students and faculty are on campus.
If you are coming for an official EIU Open House day, let us know and we will invite you to come to the department. We will often have a departmental Showcase event planned for on Open House Days.
Or, if you want to come on your own sometime, we can set up a visit for you.
- Visit with Dr. Nora Pat Small, the department chair.
- Visit one of our undergraduate History advisors to discuss your college and career plans.
- Meet with current students and ask them about both classes and extracurricular life as a History major.
- Take a tour of the History department as well as the EIU campus.
- Visit with individual History faculty concerning their (and your) research interests.
- Sit in on a class (or two or three...)
- Visit any other campus offices you are interested in contacting (i.e. Financial Aid, Housing, the Honors College, Career Services, etc.)
Dr. Nora Pat Small, History Chairperson
(217) 581-6380 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Bonnie Laughlin-Schultz, Director, History with Social Science Teacher Licensure
(217) 581- 6362 - email@example.com
Dr. Brian Mann, Undergraduate Advisor
(217) 581-3310 - firstname.lastname@example.org