Student Employment Opportunities
The HERC employs student workers to assist with the day to day office and clerical work in our office. We are always on the lookout for good student workers to fill positions as needs arise!
Requirements of a HERC student worker include:
- Ability to work at least 10 hours per week during HERC office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm)
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, email, and in person
- Positively represent the HERC and Health Service
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Interest in health always a plus!
Typical HERC Student Worker Responsibilities
- Answering phones, taking messages, and directing callers to appropriate individuals or campus offices
- Greeting students, staff, and faculty that visit the HERC
- Assembling safer sex packets for Rubber Lover members
- Assisting visitors looking for health education materials in our resource library
- Assisting with Bulletin Board to Go program
- Posting posters, fliers, and other information on bulletin boards around campus
- Updating databases
- Inputting data on spreadsheets
- Word processing
- Other office duties/projects as assigned
Ready to apply?
There are currently no paid positions available in the HERC. However, there many volunteer opportunities that may interest you! Please contact the HERC at 217-581-7786 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get involved.
**For student employment opportunities available through the Health Service Medical Clinic, please visit the Health Service website at www.eiu.edu/health.