Alcohol Education: Alcohol Assessments
To learn more about your personal drinking habits and assess alcohol consumption, take one of these assessments.
Checkup to Go
Checkup to Go, is already in use by 71 universities and colleges across 23 states, is a brief assessment and feedback tool designed to reduce drinking among college students. Drawing on social norms marketing (Hanes & Spear, 1996) and motivational interviewing (Miller & Rollnick, 2002) theories, Checkup to Go is designed to motivate students to reduce their consumption using personalized information about their own drinking and risk factors. The feedback, whether use in conjunction with counseling or as a stand-alone intervention, includes information that has been shown to be particularly motivating to college drinks:
- Quantity and frequency of drinking
- Caloric intake
- Amount consumed and peak BAC
- Norm comparisons
- Amount and percent of income spent on alcohol
- Tolerance level
- Negative consequences of alcohol use
- Genetic risk score
- Explanation, advice, local referral information
Checkup to Go Process
When users acess Checkup to Go, they are prompted to enter information about themselves. In addition to demographic information, they enter information about their drinking habits, family history, and complete the World Health Organization's Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test (AUDIT). After all information has been entered, the users submit the form. The information the students enter is validated and then processed. Checkup to go calculates a number of variables and compares the users' responses to national and local college norms. Then, that information is displayed in standard html format.
- Read all directions before proceeding.
- Go to the Checkup to Go Web site available here.
- Read all directions listed at the top of the window that opens.
- Be sure that you understand what the standard definition of a drink is.
- Complete all questions/fields as honestly as you can to the best of your ability.
- When the survey is completed, hit the submit button at the bottom of page.
- On your feedback page, find the reference number located to the right of the box underneath the statement "Your Drinking Profile."
- Record this number for future visits to the website. Doing so will allow you to track your alcohol consumption patterns.
A service offered by Join Together and Boston University School of Public Health, the Alcohol Screening assessment allows individuals to access alcohol consumption and inform on the dangers of risky drinking behaviors.
Click here to take this assessment.
Personal Drinking Profile
Complete the Personal Drinking Profile and return to the Health Education Resource Center for evaluation. Contact the Substance Education Coordinator at (217) 581-7786 or email email@example.com for more information and to schedule your personalized response.