Health Service Advisory Board
Advisory Board Information
Members of the Health Service Advisory Board represent the students and advise the administration of the Health Service on matters related to services, policies, promotional efforts, financial issues and available programs.
Up to thirty interested students (both undergraduate and graduate), faculty, or staff members, subject to the approval of the respective student, faculty, or staff Senates as necessary, shall constitute the voting membership. None-voting members shall include the Health Service Director, Assistant Director, and members of the Health Service staff.
Three students elected from the membership shall comprise an executive committee. A Chair and a Vice Chair shall be elected in the spring, prior to the new fiscal year. A Recorder and an Outreach Coordinator shall be elected in the fall of that fiscal year.
Advisory Board Duties
- Serve as liaison between students and the staff and administration of the Health Service.
- Consult with the Director of the Health Service on policies for the operation and management of the Health Service
- Offer recommendations for new programs or modifications of existing programs.
- Provide a mechanism for student feedback concerning complaints and positive outcomes.
- Review the annual budget proposal with the Director in advance of its presentation to the Student Tuition and Fee Review Committee.
- Inform students of special health problems on campus.
- Create awareness of both general and special services offered by the Health Service.
- Promote the general welfare and health of the student community.
- Provide such other advice on health and Health Service matters as the Director of or the Vice President of Student Affairs might request.
2014 - 2015 Health Service Advisory Board Executive Committee
|Executive Position||Executive Board Member|