Registration for Fall 2016 Panhellenic Formal Recruitment will be live on June 1, 2016
Click here to begin the registration process for
Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment 2016
- Participation in Recruitment and new member period are restricted to undergraduate students who are currently enrolled as full-time students in good academic standing (2.50 or above GPA) at Eastern Illinois University.
- To participate in Recruitment, the student must register with the Panhellenic Council and pay a non-refundable registration fee of $30 to cover the cost of supportive material.
- It is strongly suggested the Potential New Member attend one informational meeting and all Events. If she cannot attend, she must contact her Recruitment Counselor 24 hours prior to the event.
- If a Potential New Member wishes to pledge, she must sign a Preference Card in the University Union after the Preference Event.
- Potential New Members should attend all Recruitment events, even if they have previously participated in Fall Formal or Spring Informal Recruitment.
Potential Member Bill of Rights
- The right to be treated as an individual.
- The right to be fully informed about the recruitment process.
- The right to ask questions and receive true and objective answers from Recruitment Counselors and members.
- The right to be treated as a capable and mature person without being patronized.
- The right to ask how and why and receive straight answers.
- The right to have and express opinions to Recruitment Counselors.
- The right to have inviolable confidentiality when sharing information with a Recruitment Counselor.
- The right to make informed choices without undue pressure from others.
- The right to be fully informed about the binding agreements implicit in the preference card signing.
- The right to make one's own choice and decision and accept full responsibility for the results of the decision.
During First Round Events you will visit all nine sororities the First Day of recruitment. You will get 25 minutes at each sorority while in Greek Court. You will meet a variety of women from each chapter including the sorority chapter President and the Recruitment Chairperson. You will meet so many people and will have so much to talk about that before you know it you will be saying good-bye.
At this time you will return to seven sorority chapters for Second Round events that will last for 30 minutes each. During Second Round, you will meet more members and participate in a craft to benefit each sorority's Philanthropy. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The sororities are glad to see that you are interested in their chapter and will be happy to answer your questions.
At this time you will return to five sorority chapters for 45 minutes each. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The sororities are glad to see that you are interested in their chapter and will be happy to answer your questions.
The last day of recruitment is called Preference. At Preference you will return to up to two chapters for 60 minutes each. This will be a very special day for you. The sorority will discuss what sorority membership means to them and what it could be like for you.
Bid Day is the final day of Recruitment and the day you will receive a bid to join an individual sorority. You will meet with your Gamma Chi, join in an All-Panhellenic Celebration, and walk to Greek Court with your new member class!
All potential members are required to have a 2.50 cumulative GPA in order to participate in formal recruitment. As an initiated member, to remain in good standing with Panhellenic Council you must maintain a 2.50 cumulative GPA.
Each chapter's semester dues vary. Dues range from $300-$500 per semester. The cost to live in the chapter house is established by the University. It is the same price as the residence halls.
For more information, please contact the Panhellenic Vice-President for Recruitment, Sierra Falk