Support Services encompasses several departments: Building Services Workers, FPM IT Coordinator, Property Management and Special Events Setup, Service Enterprises, and Space Inventory.
John Sigler, Associate Director Support Services
Central Stores is responsible for purchasing and storing of Janitorial Supplies used on campus and Maintenance parts that are used by the trade’s shops within FPM. Central stores is a place where you can get information about, Fleet Vehicles and Keys, Garage, Janitorial Supplies, Master Warehouse, Maintenance Parts, Receiving and Shipping. You can reach central store at (217)581-2899.
Requests for keys to academic or administrative areas, desks, and cabinets are processed through the Keys department. Keys can be issued or returned to Central Stores (the east building of the Facilities Planning & Management complex) Monday through Friday, during normal office hours (7:00 am to 4:00 pm). Keys issued to an individual are their responsibility. A department head or responsible person must sign all key requests. Key Request forms are available. Jo Anne Thill for additional information. Student room keys are processed by the Housing Office and not by this department. For us to issue keys to you, fill out the Key Request Card.
Eastern Illinois University operates a fleet of vehicles (Sedans, Mini-Vans and Vans) for official business of faculty and staff. Request for a vehicle shall be submitted to Central Stores in Facilities Planning & Management. All vehicle requests must have a department head or fiscal agent sign for the accounts being charged. Forms are available upon request.
Rates for University vehicles are as follows (whichever is greater):
|Sedans||$29 per day or 50 cents per mile|
|Mini-van (7 Passengers)||$41 per day or 57 cents per mile|
|Van (8 Passengers)||$50 per day or 61 cents per mile|
|Full Size Van (11 Passengers)||$72 per day or 67 cents per mile|
|EZGo (6 Passengers)||$35 per day or $20 for 4 hours or less|
|Gem (6 Passengers)||$50 per day or $30 for 4 hours or less.|
Auto insurance for employees driving vehicles on University business is provided by the State of Illinois through the Department of Central Management Services.
Under the plan, liability coverage is provided for:
- State Officers
- EIU employees acting on behalf of the University in the course of employment;
- Any other person using any vehicle with written University authorization , provided the actual operation or use is within the scope of such authorization. Refer to the Internal Governing Policy entitled "University Fleet and Vehicle Services" for more information.
Note that students (unless they are student workers) are not covered under the plan unless specifically authorized to drive a University vehicle prior to doing so . Complete the University Vehicle Student Approval Request Form to gain authorization for a student driver.
Auto Accidents while driving a EIU Vehicle
If you have an auto accident while on University business, please follow these procedures.
1. Obtain an police report from the officer at the scene of the accident. It is important to obtain a police report in connection with all accidents except those that involve only damage to the University vehicle (no other property damaged) and/or accidents in which no injuries were sustained. It is very important , however, to obtain a police report in the case of an accident involving injuries .
2. Notify your supervisor immediately.
3. Notify the Vice President for Business Affairs (VPBA) Office immediately by calling (217) 581-2921. A detailed voice mail message, including a phone number where you can be reached, is acceptable. Please provide a full description of the accident and the following information: Your social security number, job title and campus phone number Was there property damage? (To a University or other vehicle, sign post, etc.) Was anyone injured?
4. Complete the accident report form (SR1) immediately after the accident. You may use the police report as a reference since all of the information required on the SR1 form is contained in the police report. Complete both sides of the SR1 form (including the drawing), sign it, and submit it to the VPBA Office, 1140 Old Main.
- A blank SR1 form will be in the glove compartment of University vehicles or Will be available from the police officer at the scene.
- If you are out of town on an extended business trip, please FAX the completed SR1 form to the VPBA Office at (217) 581-3290.
6. In the event of an accident resulting in serious bodily injury or death, every effort should be made to speak to VPBA Office staff as soon as possible.
In an emergency, please call (217)581-2899; or contact John Sigler at 348-7793 or (217)549-4880; Randy Good at (217)581-7225 or (217)549-4379; or Jo Anne Thill (217)581-7572 or (217)348-1241
7. If you are driving your personal vehicle on business and have an accident, notify your personal insurance carrier and complete steps 2 & 4 listed above.
We sincerely hope these procedures will not be necessary. However, if you are involved in an accident, please make reporting a priority. According to Central Management Services regulations, failure to report accident information within 7 days of the date of the accident could result in forfeiture of coverage.
Handling Repairs while on the road
Should a University vehicle develop mechanical problems while away from the Charleston area, drivers should take the following actions:
1. Take the vehicle to a garage that handles the type of vehicle you are driving.
2. If repairs will not exceed $150, proceed with repairs and request that billing, for services not covered under any warranty, be sent to Eastern Illinois University, Motor Pool, 600 Lincoln Avenue, Charleston, IL 61920.
3. Request that billing be prepared in duplicate and that all services and parts be itemized on the invoice, including all work done under warranty.
4. After verification of all charges, sign both copies, writing your full name and including the name of the department in which you work.
5. Retain one copy of the billing and turn it in to Motor Pool personnel at the end of your trip.
6. Contact Motor Pool at 581-7225 or 581-7572 for payment of repair by use of Garage P-Card (Do NOT use your P-Card unless specifically instructed)
7. In the event the service shop will not extend credit, the driver may pay the bill and submit it to the Motor Pool for reimbursement. The traveler's request for reimbursement must be supported by an itemized, receipted invoice
8. Drivers of assigned vehicles who experience mechanical difficulties or need repairs made amounting to more than $150 should call the Motor Pool at (217) 581-2899 if they are unsure as to how to handle the situation. After regular working hours, call John Sigler at 348-7793 or 549-1804 or Jo Anne Thill at 348-1241.
University Garage provides maintenance and repair to the University’s fleet of vehicles, and gas engine equipment.You can contact the University garage by calling Randy Good. Both are ASE Certified Automotive Techs. The Garage labor rate is $47 per hour, with a ¼ hour minimum.
Fleet Vehicle Request Forms can be obtained by contacting Jo Anne Thill at (581-7572).
Central Receiving and Shipping uses UPS to send packages for all departments on campus. If you need to ship something bring the package to Central Store near Facilities Planning & Management, we will need your address (No PO Boxes) and the department account number that will be charged for the shipment. United Parcel Service is available 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday except for summer hours.
The department of Property Control is required to create and maintain records of all real and durable personal property of Eastern Illinois University and report to Central Management Services (CMS) an account of that property. To arrange for movement or relocation of furniture or request used university property you may contact Property Management by calling Ron Mathenia or John Krajefska or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check the University Property Control Procedures (IGP 163) for more details.
Building Services is responsible for custodial services for all academic and administrative buildings and other areas of campus, including changing of fluorescent and incandescent light bulbs. These areas are serviced by varying work shifts that range throughout the day. Restrooms and public areas have the highest cleaning priority.
Though buildings outside doors and lecture rooms are normally unlocked by the Building Service Workers (BSW’s), work shifts will not cover all openings and lockups. The University Police Department, can be contacted when no building service personnel are available.
Requests for specialized cleaning, or other custodial projects above the established frequencies are considered special custodial services and should be directed through the Work Control Department. Emergency clean up or reports of special needs should be reported to the BSW supervisor through the Work Control Department.
Comments on service are welcomed and considered an essential part of growth and improvement. The department can also be contacted through the Building Services Supervisor Travis Magee
FPM IT Coordinator
FPM IT Coordinator is Travis Gresens . He is responsible for Facilities Planning & Management Website, FPM server management, the planning and purchase of new technology at Facilities Planning and Management, keeping the Universities Space Inventory database updated, and managing and updating FPM Electronic Library.
All large setups should be arranged through Campus Scheduling as far in advance as possible. After contacting Campus Scheduling you should contact Special Events Setup by calling Ron Mathenia. Setup’s that require tables and chairs may require a drawing of the setup and be approved by the Campus Safety Officer Gary Hanebrink. For events requiring the service of food you must contact Gary Hanebrink. For events that require that food be prepared on site then Coles County Public Health Department must also be notified for a Food Permit.
EIU tracks the usage of rooms and spaces on campus. Please contact Travis Gresens if any department or purpose of the room has changed.
A list of locations with location codes. - PDF