Instructions for Printing an IRS Tax Return Transcript 14-15
Listed below are the instructions for printing an IRS Tax Return Transcript. If your FAFSA has been selected for verification and you are unable to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, please use this process.
- Go to www.irs.gov.
- Under Tools, select Get A Transcript of Your Tax Records.
- Select the icon Get Transcript Online.
- Select the icon Create An Account. (Returning users can simply choose Sign In.)
- Enter the information for the person listed first on your tax return. The information must match what is on the tax return. Select “Continue.”
- Select Type of Transcript as Tax Return Transcript, and choose the tax year. For the 2014-2015 FAFSA you will select the 2013 tax year.
- The transcript can be printed from the website.
- If we are requesting a Parent IRS Tax Transcript, your parent will follow the same steps to request their Tax Return Transcript as well.
- You may also order your tax return transcript by telephone or by mail (see below).
Automated Telephone System
1. Call 1-800-829-1040
2. Enter your Social Security Number
3. Enter the numbers in your street address
3. Select Option 2 (Tax Return Transcript)
4. Enter the year of the return you are requesting
1. Complete Form 4506T-EZ
2. Mail to: RAIVS Team, Stop 37106, Fresno, CA 93888
3. Fax to: (559) 456-5876
Please retain the original copy mailed to you from the IRS for your records and submit a copy to the Office of Financial Aid. You may submit this by mail or by fax (217) 581-6422. Be sure to put your E# and name at the top of each page.