Instructions for Ordering an IRS Tax Return Transcript
Listed below are the instructions for ordering an IRS Tax Return Transcript. If your FAFSA has been selected for verification and you are unable to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, please use this process.
- Go to www.irs.gov.
- Under Tools, select “Order a Return or Account Transcript.”
- Under “3- Go Get Your Transcript,” choose “Order a Transcript.”
- Enter the information for the person listed first on your tax return. The information must match what is on the tax return. Select “Continue.”
- Select Type of Transcript as “Return Transcript,” and choose the tax year. For the 2013-2014 FAFSA you will select the 2012 tax year.
- The transcript will be mailed to the address on the tax return within 1-2 weeks.
- If we are requesting a Parent IRS Tax Transcript, your parent will follow the same steps to request their Tax Return Transcript as well.
Please retain the original copy mailed to you from the IRS for your records and submit a copy to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. You may submit this by mail or by fax (217) 581-6422. Be sure to put your E# and name at the top of each page.