Disney Credit at Eastern Illinois University
While you are enrolled in the Disney College Program Internship, there are several ways to obtain credit for you internship at Disney.
I.) If you want to stay enrolled at EIU as a full time student.
This may be accomplished in several ways:
1. Consult with your advisor and determine if there are any online classes being offered that fulfill requirements in your major.
General education classes that are offered online
Literary Masterworks - 32658 - ENG 3010G - 600
BIO 2003G - Heredity and Society
Cultural Geography - 33739 - GEG 1100G - 601
Discipline/Guide Young Child - 33729 - FCS 4230 - 801
Diversity of Cultures Around the World - 33740 - BGS 3986M - 650
BIO 3987 - Introduction to Evolution
Principles of Career Development - 32767 - COS 4810 - 600
Strategies and Processes of Teaching and Training - 33650 - COS 4800 - 600
Consumer and Management Problems of Older People - 32660 - FCS 5301 - 600
2. All of the ACE collegiate courses may be taken for FCS credit. For each course taken you will need to sign up for one section of FCS 3750. Be sure to sign up for the Disney sections 004 or 005. The instructor is Linda Simpson. You may take up to 9 semester hours of credit. You will need to fill out an independent study permission form. These may be obtained in Klehm Hall 1030.
3. Internship credit, FCS 2275 may be taken by non-FCS and FCS majors. You may sign up for 6 sh of internship and receive credit for your work experience while you are at Disney. FCS students will need to sign up for FCS 4275section 003 for 3 credits, 006 for 6 credits or 009 for 9 credits if thy are doing the formal internship. The internship packet may be obtained from Dr. Brooks in Klehm Hall 2018. The internship involves a few steps:
- Fill out form the enrolment forms and submit to FCS
- Have your supervisor fill out the acceptance form
- You will fill out a weekly 1/2 page progress reports
4. Set up an independent study to get credit while you are at Disney. You can do a special project or take advantage of classes other than the ACE college courses. Sign up for FCS 3750 section 004 or 005 for 3 credits. The instructor is Linda Simpson. You may take up to 9 semester hours of credit. You will need to fill out an independent study permission form. These may be obtained from the FCS office in Klehm Hall 1030.