- Dr. Hawkins currently completed certification in appreciative inquiry and other strengths-based approaches to organizational change as well as strengths-based coaching and mentoring. Click here for the full post.
- Dr. Fredrick's students apply their communication skills through partnership projects with nonprofit organizations, local government offices, and EIU departments. Click here for the full post.
- Dr. Mona Davenport is an EIU Alumni and has worked in higher education in the State of Illinois since 1991. Click here for the full post.
- Dr. Dobbs consistently creates integrative learning opportunities that encourage students to connect information and experiences across different business disciplines. Click here for the full post.
- Dr. Janet Marquardt received her doctorate in medieval art history from UCLA in 1986 and holds the rank of Distinguished Professor at Eastern Illinois University (2010). Click here for the full post.
The central mission of Faculty Development at Eastern Illinois University is to develop and enable excellent faculty to provide high quality service and leadership across the University's integrated missions of teaching, research, scholarship and creative activities. The aim is to promote overall faculty excellence, morale, and collegiality and to facilitate superior and timely responses to changing external and internal circumstances and priorities.
The Faculty Development office directly reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Faculty Development values input/feedback/ideas from faculty, staff and administrators as we seek ways to make Faculty Development meaningful on our campus.