This semester we are continuing some of our ongoing projects as well as hosting several workshops:
- Our Faculty Reading group sign-up is now open! Please go to http://eiu.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3wmtaAvKlQPgR9j and leave your email by Feb 1 to reserve your copy of Small Teaching: Everyday Lessons from the Science of Learning by James Lang. There will be an introductory meeting in early February
- Teaching Squares are currently underway. If you were unable to make the inital meeting but would still like to participate this semester please get in touch with Gene Deerman (email@example.com)
- Faculty Mentoring will kick into high gear this semester as well. If you would still like to get involved, please contact Jon Oliver (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get matched with a mentor
- We have new office hours (see sidebar), and thus have new hours for Write-on-Site, which will be held Mondays and Fridays from 9 to noon.
- In order to take advantage of the Mentor Commons resource (available now on the Faculty Development d2l page), we will be hosting viewing parties throughout the semester to watch and discuss videos as a group
- In January we have a workshop on Grants and finding money for research
- In March we have a workshop on Communicating Your Passion
- This semester we are once again offering Partnership Grants. Keep an eye out for details, deadlines, and applications
- In addition to our other upcoming workshops, here are some of our ongoing initiatives:
Concerns about Yik Yak and analysis of MOOCs and online teaching were among the most popular stor...
Each year The Chronicl...
Professors who are on the tenure track carry out every moment of their professional lives with a ...
The Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities is expanding its support of “personal...
Google wants the artificial-intelligence software that drives the company’s Internet search...