Faculty and Staff
Assistant Professor of English and Creative Writing for the Performing Arts
- Mondays: 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Skype: T 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Latino Poetics: Essays on the Art of Poetry (University of New Mexico Press, forthcoming)
- Next Extinct Mammal: Poetry (Greenhouse Review Press, 2011)
- Exiled From the Throne of Night: Selected Translations of Luis Cernuda (Aureole Press, 2008)
Frequently Taught Courses
- Poetry & Dramatic Writing
- Queer Theory
Composition and Language
Ph.D., English, Texas Tech University
M.F.A., Creative Writing & Writing for the Performing Arts, University of California-Riverside
- Electronic Literature Organization
- Modern Language Association
- Association of Writers & Writing Programs
- Philosophy and Poetry
- Queer Representation in Film, Television, and Radio
- Verisimilitude in Poetry and Film
- Pushcart Prize nominee in poetry, Dr. Quesada's writing appears in The American Poetry Review, Boaat Press, The California Journal of Poetics, The Rumpus, Superstition Review, Guernica, Cimarron Review, and elsewhere.
Funding & Grants
- Fellow and resident at CantoMundo, Napa Valley Writers’ Conference, Vermont Studio Center, Squaw Valley Community of Writers, Santa Fe Art Institute, Lambda Literary Foundation Writer’s Retreat, and Idyllwild Arts Program.
- C0-Chair, Women's History Awareness Month Cmte, Eastern Illnois University (2014 - 2015)
- Co-Chair, University Professionals of Illinois, Diversity Adhoc Cmte, Eastern Illinois University (2014 - 2015)
- Founder & Editorial Director of Stories & Queer, a non profit, traveling reading series whose mission is to create safe storytelling spaces for poets & writers of color in underrepresented areas of the country, Dr. Quesada now serves as its Edtorial Director.
- Editorial Experience:
2014 - Present: Poetry Editor, Cobalt Review
2014 - Present: Poetry Editor, Luna Luna Magazine
2012 - Present: Poetry Editor, The Cossack Review
2011 - Present: Founder/Publisher, Codex Journal