Why Join EIU Parents Club?
The EIU Parents Club was formed in 1974 to improve University-parent communication, provide a sounding board for the University President on selected University policy, and give parents a way to increase close personal ties and friendships to the University.
The EIU Parents Club endeavors to put information in the hands of parents and families in a timely manner. Members of the Board of Directors are parents of EIU students and are available to provide assistance on University-related matters.
Please remember that EIU Parents Club does not telephone new or current members for membership renewals.
- Members are kept up-to-date through online EIU Parents Club newsletters.
- Members receive assistance and advice from fellow EIU parents.
- Members help (through their dues) contribute to special student campus activities such as "Welcome Back Weekend" programs, Fall and Spring Quakin' the Quad and other student/university projects.
- Annually awards up to 20 EIU Parents Club scholarships.
- Co-sponsors of EIU events.
- Publishes EIU Parents Club quarterly newsletter.
- Co-sponsors Family Weekend activities.
- Co-sponsors Homecoming activities.
- Other worthy student & university projects.
Where do my dues go?
Dues are $20 a year per family, with $10 allocated to the EIU Parents Club Scholarship Fund. Each year the EIU Parents Club proudly awards up to 20 scholarships. Scholarships are fully funded through members' dues. The other $10 helps provide general office expenses, membership supplies, and projects. The board is always open to suggestions or ideas. If we can be of assistance to you and your student, please contact us through the New Student & Family Programs Office at 217-581-6435 or email us.