The EIU4 Scholarship Fund consists of four $1000 scholarships ($500 per semester, for the first year only) available to incoming freshmen who are eligible for the EIU4 Program at Eastern Illinois University. The EIU4 Scholarship is applicable to any educational expense (tuition, fees, room and board, etc.) at Eastern Illinois University.
To be eligible for the EIU4 Scholarship, applicants must meet all three of the following requirements:
1. Applicants must be admitted to EIU as new freshmen for the upcoming fall semester.
2. Applicants must be eligible for EIU4, Eastern’s four-year graduation guarantee program.
Regularly admitted, new full-time freshmen are eligible for EIU4. All majors at EIU with the exception of ALL teacher certification programs, all Bachelor of Fine Arts programs, the engineering cooperative, the nursing cooperative, clinical laboratory science, athletic training, and environmental biology are eligible under EIU4.
Note: Students who are unable to complete ¼ of their course requirements in one academic year because of deficiencies in high school course work or ACT scores are not eligible for EIU4. While undeclared students are initially eligible for EIU4, students must have declared an eligible major by the scholarship application deadline to be considered for the scholarship.
3. Applicants must have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.00 out of 4.00 to qualify for the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients must remain eligible for the EIU4 four-year graduation guarantee for the duration of the scholarship period by adhering to the student responsibilities of the program.
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Consult the EIU Financial Aid webpage at http://www.eiu.edu/finaid for assistance in completing the FAFSA. A FAFSA form must be on file with the EIU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships by the application deadline.
2. Be eligible for the EIU4 Program (declared in an eligible major and intend to enroll in at least 14 hours for the fall semester).
3. Complete the EIU4 Scholarship application.
Applications are due April 1st for the subsequent fall semester.
2 Ways to Apply!
Online Application -OR- Paper Application