EIU2 Student Responsibilities
You must meet a number of obligations in order to remain eligible for the two-year guarantee:
The student agrees that to remain eligible for the EIU2 Program, he or she must:
- Retain the major they initially declared at EIU. They cannot switch majors or seek a double degree or double major. All minors are subject to approval by the program coordinator in consultation with the student's advisor.
- Meet with the program coordinator during the first semester to discuss the program and graduation requirements, identify potential obstacles, and ask questions.
- Check their EIU email regularly, as it will be used as the primary method of communication for the program.
- Meet with their academic advisor at least once per semester (prior to registration) to plan and review progress.
- Accept any available class section and register for classes within two days of their designated registration date.
- Resolve any issues that may prohibit registration on their designated registration date (e.g., submitting essays to the electronic writing portfolio, securing financial aid, paying fines, resolving judicial issues, getting required immunizations, and so forth).
- Self-monitor academic progress by accessing web-based degree audit and grade records.
- Complete at least one-half (1/2) of the designated program of study (courses applicable to the major and minor, and senior seminar) each academic year. A student can accomplish this by earning at least 15 credit hours a semester. Students may apply transfer work in accordance with established policies. Students may also enroll in summer coursework to support their academic progress. While earned summer hours will count toward degree requirements, summer semesters will not reduce eligible semesters in the EIU2 Program.
- Meet all requirements of the major, minor, option, etc. including those for admission to and continuance in the major/minor/option. Admission to the EIU2 Program does not guarantee admission to the major, minor, or option.
- Meet all EIU transfer graduation requirements.
- Send all transfer coursework to Eastern Illinois University in a timely fashion. A delay of turning in transcripts can result in a delay in graduation and completing degree requirements.