Panther Plus Meal Plans Students living in the residence halls and Greek Court have a room and board contract. This means that each resident automatically has a meal plan. The four different meal plans available are made up of a combination of Dining Dollars and Meals Per Week. These are encoded on the student's Panther Card. Room and board rates, set during the rate development process, take into consideration that students do not eat every meal available to them, therefore the cost of each meal is adjusted accordingly. These meals can not be shared with another student nor do they rollover from week to week. At the end of the fall semester, if you are a continuing student, any remaining Dining Dollars on your account will automatically roll over to the next semester (spring) with all dining dollars expiring at the end of the spring semester.
To Increase a Meal Plan: A student's meal plan can be increased at any time by filling out the proper form at the front desk of the Office of University Housing and Dining Services.
To Decrease a Meal Plan: Meal Plans can be decreased no later than the Friday following the first class day of each semester by filling out the proper form at the front desk of the Office of University Housing and Dining Services.
To find Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
Click here to see Meal Plan prices
Dining Dollars Meal Plan (per semester) Dining Dollars may be purchased and/or are included on every meal plan. Dining Dollars are placed on your Panther Card (student I.D.) and can be used like cash in the University Food Court, Java B&B, the Thomas Convenience Center or to purchase additional meals in our four residential dining centers. Dining Dollars can be purchased at the Dining Services Administrative Office for a minimum purchase of $50.00 and increments of $25, by check, money order or by charging your student account. Dining Dollars can be used at any Panther Dining location. Dining Dollars are good for one year and expire at the end of the spring semester, unless you purchase a summer meal plan in which case they are good until the end of the summer session.
To find out how to obtain dining dollars, click here.
Room & Board Rates
These rates include a meal plans and a double room.
- Dining Dollars are non-refundable.
- Dining Center Meals MUST be used each week and cannot be accumulated.
The following changes have been made to the board plans based on student input and without impacting the board rates:
- 2 meals per week will be added to the 5 plus plan, making 7 meals per week at no additional charge.
- The Meal Zones have been traditionally attached to different meal periods i.e. breakfast, brunch, lunch, etc. Instead of the traditional meal periods, students will be able to eat every 2 hours. (If you eat at 8:00 am you will be able to eat again at 10:01 am).
- Bonus meals will be given to each person on a contract meal plan. A set number of bonus meals per semester will be given to all contract meal plan holders that does not count against the weekly meal balances. These bonus meals can be used if you run out of meals during any given week. 7 plus plan = 2 bonus meals per semester, 10 plus plan = 3 bonus meals per semester, 12 plus plan = 4 bonus meals per semesters, and the 15 plus plan = 5 bonus meals per semester
There are four (4) meal plan options. They are the 7 plus plan, the 10 plus plan, and 12 plus plan and the 15 plus plan. Each plan allows you to eat a specific number of meals in the University -operated dining centers each week. The Plus Meal Option permits each resident with a board plan to use a specified number of Dining Dollars for any of the following:
- purchases at the Food Court, Java B & B, and Panther Pantry
- additional meals for the resident in any Dining Center and
- purchases at the Convenience Center located in Thomas hall.