Panther Dining |
Panther Dining has many different employment opportunities for our students. Panther Dining employs nearly 500 students to service the various dining units. We offer several different types of jobs within dining services. Working in a clean, well-organized and efficient manner is something we like to see in our student workers. Satisfying customers is very important to us at Panther Dining. If you possess wait staff experience you should consider applying for Panther Catering. If you prefer something “behind the scenes” we offer dishwashers and kitchen aides. If you would enjoy mingling with our customer we also have line servers, table bussing and positions filling our hot bar and salad bar. If you’re looking for a fast paced, fun environment while making money, Panther Dining might be right for you. While working for Panther Dining please be aware of some of our policies and procedures before you apply. It is possible you will be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- You are not to wear jewelry of any kind except a smooth plain wedding band or a medical alert bracelet or necklace.
- Some jobs require you to handle money. You must be familiar with US currency and be able to count back change.
- Certain positions require effective communication skills. Your placement will be based on your qualifications.
- Your hair must be restrained with a hat or hairnet. Facial hair must be covered with a beard bag.
- No sweatpants or leggings are to be worn while working.
- To apply for a position with Panther Dining, you must submit your application online by clicking the link below.
If you are unable to do so, please contact LeAnn Daubs at 217.581.2700.
Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received and will only be held for a semester. Please submit a new application for each new semester. You will then be hired according to your availability and the shifts we need filled. A higher preference may be given to previous Panther Dining employees who have left in good standing and would like to return.
You may not receive full consideration if:
- You are not available to work weekends
- You are taking less than 6 credit hours
- You don’t have a 2-4 hour time slot to work a complete shift
Panther Dining Application