February 13, 2012
EIU to host Broadcast Industry Fair on April 4th
Eastern Illinois University will host its 5th annual Broadcast Industry Fair on Wednesday, April 4th.
The event is being held in conjunction with Communication Day at E.I.U. from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the University Ballroom of the E.I.U. Union.
It's a two hour job fair designed for students who are interested in a career in broadcasting or related fields. Last year, representatives from approximately 10 television stations and 39 radio stations were on hand to talk with students about employment opportunities, internships, and more.
The following companies are scheduled to participate in 2012:
- Comcast Sports Net, Chicago
- Cromwell Radio (4 stations in Mattoon and 2 in Effingham)
- Fox 55 & 27 Illinois and CW 23 TV, Springfield & Urbana
- Miller Media Group (13 station radio group), Taylorville
- River 97.3 Radio, Peoria
- The Original Company (13 station radio group), Vincennes, IN
- US Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Education Media Department (video production), St. Louis
- WCIA-TV, Champaign
- WDWS / WHMS / WUIL Radio, Champaign
- WEIU-TV, Charleston
- WICD-TV, Champaign
- WGEL Radio, Greenville
- WGKC / WQQB / WSJK / WJEK Radio, Champaign
- WJBD AM & FM Radio, Salem & NRG Media L.L.C.
- WJKT & WXEF Radio, Effingham
- WTWO-TV, Terre Haute
Check back for additional participants in the days ahead.The Broadcast Industry Fair is co-sponsored by the Department of Communication Studies, Eastern Illinois University Career Services, and the Illinois Broadcasters Association.
There's no charge for students to attend and pre-registration is not necessary. The event is also open to interested people who are not E.I.U. students.
More information is also available by contacting Mike Bradd in the Department of Communication Studies at 217-581-3323.