April 25, 2012
Student documentary screening scheduled for May 1st
Students from the Communication Studies Department's Documentary class will screen their videos on Tuesday evening, May 1st.
Students from CMN 4500 will present a Documentary Screening on Tuesday, May 1st from 7:00 to 8:30 pm in the Coleman Auditorium (Room 1255). There's no charge and the event is open to the public.
These short videos encapsulate a variety of documentary styles including personal/diary filmmaking, traditional biographical work and experimental documentary shorts. Topics include:
- The local dubstep scene/community
- A biography of a student newscaster
- A biography of a man who overcomes cancer and loves to fly planes
- A biography of one's younger sister
- The larp subculture
- The social implications of the closure of a small town school
- The soccer duo of the Blake sisters
- Race and language
- A personal exploration of interracial relationships
- The singing iPod man
The instructor for the course is Dr. David Gracon.