Eastern Illinois University's Department of Student Teaching and Clinical Experiences is proud of its fine reputation for preparing teachers. All teacher education programs at EIU are fully and nationally accredited. Practical experience with learners in school settings is a vital component of our teacher education programs.
From classroom observation to small group teaching, straight through to practicum and student teaching, EIU students receive many opportunities to develop into teachers in their chosen field of expertise. Please contact our office if you have questions about student teaching or clinical experiences.
Doug Bower (firstname.lastname@example.org)
EIU TB Clinic for Fall 2015 Student Teachers
Tentatively Scheduled for Week of April 20
Watch your email and check back here for more information
Reminders for Fall 2015 Student Teachers
- Complete fingerprinting for your criminal history report no later than March 5. Remember it is likely that your district will also require you to complete an additional FBI Criminal Background check.
- Submit your certificate of completion for the DCFS Mandated Reporter Training by May 1
- Read your edTPA Handbook so that you understand the complete process and requirements. Attend meetings as required (watch your email in early March for dates/times)
- Pass the content test(s) in your discipline. It is important to register early for computer based tests. If you need assistance registering, contact the TASC office in Buzzard Hall 2303.
- Complete your TB test through the EIU Clinic scheduled for the week of April 20. Watch for more information. Do not complete this requirement prior to the week of April 20.
- Have a physical completed in accordance with the requirement for your cooperating district.
- Register for Student Teaching
Fall 2015 Student Teachers Planning to Student Teach in Chicago Public Schools
If your coordinator has asked you to complete the application to student teach in Chicago Public Schools please go the the following website https://pcpsep.epm.cps.edu/sites/STI/index.htm . Review the material required and once the application period opens use the student teacher registration link to complete your application. If you have questions please contact Dr. Raymond LaPorte at email@example.com.
Student Teaching Application Fall 2015/ Spring 2016
The application deadline has now passed. If you plan to student teach in Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 but have not yet started your application please contact Dr. Doug Bower at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately
Every student planning to student teach must formally apply. To complete the application you will need a current transcript, an up-to-date resume (saved as a pdf), and a writing sample addressing specific criteria (saved as a pdf). You can request a digital copy of your transcript (Issued to Student) be sent to you via email by contacting the Registrar's Office. If you need assistance with preparing your resume please contact Career Services. Finally, specification/requirements for the writing sample can be found by clicking here.
To access your application click here.
Related EIU Links
- Ballenger Teachers Center
- Career Services
- College of Education and Professional Studies
- School of Continuing Education
- Counseling and Student Development
- Early Childhood, Elementary and Middle-Level Education
- Educational Leadership
- Health Studies
- Instructional Technology Center
- The Graduate School
- Grant Information
- Kinesiology and Sports Studies
- Recreation Administration
- Secondary Education and Foundations
- Special Education