Center for Online Learning (COL)
The position is responsible for assisting with the support of facilitating effective integration and use of technology into the teaching or learning process.
Position Title: Center for Online Learning Graduate Assistant
Employment Status: Part time (19 hours per week)
Period: Prefer 2 years, Minimum 1 year
The Center for Academic Technology Support (CATS), is a campus resource center for a variety of services and technological solutions. CATS is committed to supporting and promoting all academic departments in the use of information and communication technologies for teaching and learning at Eastern Illinois University.
The Center for Online Learning (COL) is a division of CATS that provides training, support, and services for faculty teaching and students taking online or technology-enhanced courses.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students in implementing and using instructional technologies primarily D2L Brightspace.
- Provide phone, one-on-one, and remote session support to faculty and students.
- Assist with faculty and staff training sessions.
- Assist with the creation and collection of technology resource materials.
- Develop surveys and compile results.
- Maintain training registration.
- Assist in the marketing of COL services and supported technologies.
- Learn, test, and evaluate new technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Acceptance into a degree-awarding graduate program.
- 3.0 GPA in current graduate work or 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
- Proficient written and oral communication.
- Adaptable / flexible to the changing technology needs of the campus.
- The ability to work under a deadline.
- The ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously and flexible to transition back and forth between projects.
- Good organization skills.
- Some relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of D2L Brightspace or other learning management system.