Campus Interview Program
Campus Interview Program
Interview with top employers without traveling or missing class. Each year recruiters from a wide variety of organizations interview students at EIU for full time and internship opportunities.
To participate in the Campus Interview program, you MUST be have an active PANTHER TraCS account containing your uploaded resume.
You will find employer interview schedules on PANTHER TraCS. There are two types of interview schedules.
- OPEN Schedule: As long as you meet the employer requirements, you may schedule an interview. Online sign-ups are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- PRE-SELECT Schedule: You must submit your resume for consideration through your account on PANTHER TraCS. Employers will review the resumes and indicate which candidates are accepted for interviews. You will receive an e-mail if you have been selected to sign up.
Search the Interview Schedules
All campus interview schedules will be posted on PANTHER TraCS. Each opportunity will include a brief job description, qualifications required and information about how to apply. Be sure to carefully read ALL requirements and application instructions. View Policies & Tips
You may remove yourself from an interview schedule on PANTHER TraCS at any time before the end of the online sign-up period. No cancellations are allowed after the sign-up period ends. Be sure to pay attention to the sign-up schedule for each position.
If you are scheduled for an interview and do not notify the employer or Career Services as to why you did not attend the interview, you will be considered a no show. If you fail to show up:
- You will be blocked from the Career Services campus interview program
- You will be removed from already scheduled interviews and be unable to scheduled future interviews
- To be reinstated to the interview program, you will be required to make a formal apology to the employer. Contact our office for information about how to do this. Reinstatement is at the discretion of our office.
- Remember - You are not only representing yourself during these interviews, but representing EIU as a whole.
Some employers hold informational sessions prior to the start of their interview schedule.
- Check each interview schedule description to see if an informational session has been scheduled.
- Attend any session that you are interested in.
- Most informational sessions are held the evening before interviews.
- Some sessions are mandatory.
- Informational Sessions are a great way to learn more about the employer and allow you the chance to meet the employer in a more informal atmosphere. Recruiters do make note of who attends these sessions. If you are unable to attend an informational session due to class or a job, notify Career Services. We will inform the recruiter in advance of the reason for your absence.
BE EARLY!! The accepted standard is 10 minutes early for your interview. Unless otherwise noted, ALL interviews will take place at the Career Services office. Check in at the front desk upon arrival.
Campus Interviews are REAL interviews, so professional dress is expected. See Professional Dress for proper interview attire. Also be sure to bring another copy of your resume, pen, notebook and your research notes and questions. Keep all of these items neatly in a organizer or portfolio if possible.
Be Prepared. Do your Research!
Always prepare for an interview by knowing about the employer and the industry. Determine company size, the parent company or subsidiaries (if any), what their latest ventures are, growth and sales statistics, and challenges faced by the industry. Researching gives you credibility and confidence in an interview and helps you establish questions you can ask during the interview. See Interviewing Skills section to learn more.
To participate in Campus Interviews, you must have an active PANTHER TraCS account containing your uploaded resume.