A credential file is a professional portfolio that may be established for all students registered with Career Services. In the past, many employers requested this credential file during the application process.
Please note: Credentials will no longer be sent from Career Services after August 1, 2013 as it no longer meets the need of current hiring practices. Most employers will require all or most of your documentation to be submitted electronically, thus bypassing the need to have Career Services send your file.
At Career Services your credential portfolio may contain the following items:
- Resume (automatically added from Panther Recruiting)
- 3-5 Letters of Recommendation blank form
- EIU Transcript (copy only) request form
- Transcripts of other educational institutions attended
- Student Teaching Evaluations (if provided by the student)
- Other Evaluations, if applicable
- Reference page
- Copies of certifications
Career Services offers Self-Credentialing for all students and alumni that are actively registered with Career Services.
Advantages of Self-Credentialing
- Take full responsibility for your job search and credential file information
- Promotes efficient and timely delivery of application materials
- Send out numerous credentials without extra cost
- Accessible from any Internet connection anywhere in the world, 24/7
- Safe storage of important documents
- Quickly becoming the preferred receipt method by employers
When you establish your Panther Recruiting PLUS+ account you will automatically begin managing your own credentials (Self-Credentialing). All documents will be stored in the Career Services database and may be accessed through your Panther Recruiting account. Some files may be limited to a size restriction.
As an Alum, you may choose to manage your own credential file documents (Self-Credential). This is done by setting up a Panther Recruiting PLUS+ account . All documents will be stored in the Career Services database and may be accessed through your Panther Recruiting PLUS+ account. Some files may be limited to a size restriction.