CAREER BOOT CAMP
Enlist in Career Boot Camp and get all of your job search training in just one day!
Did you know that most high profile jobs and internships are interviewed by October? Did you know that getting teaching jobs is difficult? That's why you must be the consummate candidate early if you want to be competitive!
Career Boot Camp is just the thing to help you achieve that goal. It is a half day intensive mini-conference that builds the critical skills you need to succeed in today's job market. Instead of just snoozing away on a Saturday, why not attend Career Boot Camp and equip yourself with the tools that will make you stand out above an army of applicants.
Sign up today for this popular event! Seats are limited!
Check out specific details about Career Boot Camp & get registered!
IMPORTANT! CANCELLATION/NO-SHOW POLICY
Cancellations MUST be made by 4:00 pm on Tuesday, September 13th.
Cancellations made after that and no shows on the day of the event, will be billed a $50.00 cancellation/no show fee to their student account. To cancel call 217-581-2412.
CAREER BOOT CAMP: What's in it for you...
- Build your network and get the inside scoop with successful EIU alumni.
- Get real-world advice from professionals in the field, during the breakout sessions.
- Practice your networking skills at the Industry Roundtables. (It may get you a job! It has worked for previous boot camp attendees!!)
Meet with alumni and professionals from:
- I learned so much information about career opportunities & how to sell myself. Everyone who goes to Eastern should be a part of this program.
- I feel like this really helped me to get a head start.
- Very useful for all years in school.
- Loved this! Will recommend to my friends. The presenters were extremely knowledgeable and well-spoken!
- Alumni were very helpful in sharing their insightful comments and observations about their own experiences. The boot camp went a long way to making me feel more prepared to enter the job market in May.
- I enjoyed the opportunity to meet and talk to successful people in my field.
- I wasn't sure I wanted to attend at first, but I am glad I did. I had an excellent time and a wonderful experience.
- This was very helpful and having all of these sessions on one day was great.
- I learned so much and feel more prepared for what is ahead of me.
- Great program! Worth my Saturday!!
- I’m so happy I signed up because I learned so much and being just a sophomore I feel well prepared for junior and senior year as well as my future job. This boot camp was well thought out and I will definitely want to do it again.
- I appreciate Eastern providing this opportunity. I was able to do a lot of networking and learn a lot about what I need to be doing. Thank you Career Services and EIU alumni.
- Initially I didn’t want to attend career boot camp, but I’m very glad I did. I came out with some very valuable information. I believe the mentors we had were very informative and were very helpful with all the questions I had.
- As a sophomore, this was a very great experience for me. I am proud that I attended-definitely a Saturday well spent. I will more than likely be back every year that I am here. Thanks for the opportunity.
- Definitely learned a lot today and will be recommending this event for my friends to attend next year.
- As a senior who is starting to search for a career, I found this boot camp very beneficial. Great networking opportunities and a ton of useful info. Would highly recommend!
- I really enjoyed this boot camp. I enjoyed gaining advice from EIU Alumni.
This event is known to make lasting impressions! Here is a recent true story!
Jeff Zilch, President of Delta Technical Solutions was recently in a bank in Chicago having something notarized when a young man at the bank came up to him and said "I know you, you spoke at Career Boot Camp." This student graduated in 2007!