Contact Us


University FOAPAL forms (New FOAPAL, New Grant FOAPAL, Changes on a FOAPAL) are used by university employees to request and gain access to university financial system organizations and funds for the purpose of performing specified accounting tasks with university monies budgeted to these organizations and funds.

The financial manager responsible for the organization/fund must sign the form, thus giving his/her permission to the employee for access to the organization/fund. The form itself is passed to the appropriate people in the Business Office, whose responsibilities are to:

  • Note and verify changes in financial managers.
  • Grant employee access to organizations/funds in the Banner Finance Module.
  • Keep track of P-Card and OfficeMax transactions.
  • Verify signatures on requisitions, invoices approvals and payroll documents.

All of this information is available to financial managers and other employees who need it through Argos in the FAAQS system. For additional help or questions, contact Lakshmikara "Raju" Padmaraju, Dave Watson or Carla Higginbotham in the Business Office.

Changing FOAPAL Information

Changes, such as delegated signature, Requisition creator, Payroll signature, OfficeMax Supplies, UPS labels, P-Card or inquiry may be made for any information on a university organization.

Click here to see the new process for changing Banner FOAPALs instructions.

Changing Financial Managers

The current financial manager should e-mail Carla Higginbotham providing details of the new financial manager who will assume responsibilities for that organization. The correct paperwork will be prepared and returned to the department for signatures.

A change is not official until the Changes on a University Organization form is received in the Business Office with required signatures and has been routed to personnel to grant the access requested. The Financial Manager will receive an email when it is completed

Closing a University FOAPAL

To close a university fund or organization, send an e-mail or memo to Mike Hutchinson, Business Office. If funds still exist in the fund or organization, use the memo or e-mail to explain where you would like the remaining funds transferred. The Business Office will freeze the fund or organization from all activity and the financial manager's name will be removed. The fund or organization should no longer appear with the financial manager's organizations. Questions may be directed to Mike Hutchinson, 217-581-7753.

An agency (Cash Basis = 9-xxxxx) fund may be closed if the fund has shown no activity for two years. The financial manager will be notified to discuss where the remaining funds (if any) are to be transferred.

Departmental Deposit Forms

When a new FOAPAL is established and the FOAPAL requires deposits, a deposit form will be sent to you electronically. Do not make changes to the form; if you need to make a change, contact Carla Higginbotham.

Occasionally, a situation may arise that has your deposit short or over by a small amount. The shortage/overage needs to be recorded properly. If you encounter a cash short/over situation and the deposit form for the FOAPAL does not have a line for cash/short over, please be sure to contact Carla Higginbotham so the line can be added to your deposit form.

Establishing a New University FOAPAL

Review your current organizations to determine if the purpose of the new organization may fit the purpose of an existing organization. For grant organizations, please contact the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at 217-581-2125.

For all other organizations:

  1. Print the new FOAPAL form guide for assistance in completing the new FOAPAL request form.
  2. Complete the new FOAPAL request form, providing accurate and thorough information so that the security for the organization may be assigned properly. This allows access to individuals associated with the organization. Purchasing, Business Office, Budget, Payroll and Internal Auditing will refer to this document for authorization for signatures and transactions.
  3. After completing the form and obtaining all signatures, send it to the Business Office.
  4. The new organization is assigned security (the department, executive level, division and school to which the account belongs organizationally), budget, fixed assets, interest, and deposit (if applicable) information is entered on the Banner system. An e-mail notification of the activation of the new organization and organization number and delegated signatures is sent to the financial manager. Please review the e-mail for accuracy and report any changes to Carla Higginbotham, 217-581-7827.

Contact Mike Hutchinson, 217-581-7753, for further questions.