Scholarships / Loans / Grants
PEO Grants / Loans (click here)
The B.A. in General Studies Adult Degree Program and the School of Continuing Education awards between five to eight scholarships each spring semester which are applied toward tuition and fees the following term.
Scholarship applications are available from the BGS website http://www.eiu.edu/bgs/scholarships_info.php
- The Angel Scholarship - This Angel scholarship was established by an EIU employee to assist BGS students working toward their degree. The award is payable for the fall semester through the Eastern Illinois University Foundation Office.
- BGS Degree Completion Scholarship - This scholarship was established to assist non-traditional BGS students who are in need of financial assistance in order to complete their final one or two classes in the program. Financial need is a primary consideration.
- Director’s Award - This scholarship is supported by donations from graduates and friends of the Bachelor of General Studies degree program. It is awarded to students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement and who have completed at least 90 hours.
- Brenda Edgar Scholarship for Women - This scholarship is funded through a generous gift from Mrs. Brenda Edgar, former First Lady of the State of Illinois. It was established to provide assistance to women who are single parents and who have overcome obstacles in their quest for a BA degree.
- Habeeb Habeeb Annual Scholarship for Nontraditional Students – This scholarship is established by Habeeb and Joy Habeeb. It is awarded to help nontraditional students enrolled in the B.A. in General Studies who are in need of financial assistance in order to complete their degree. The recipient must have a GPA of 3.0 and be a full or part time student in the BGS Program, financial need is a primary consideration.
- The William C. Hine Continuing Education Adult Scholarship is funded by former dean of the School of Continuing Education, Dr. William C. Hine. This award will be payable in the fall semester.
- Robert Thomas Lynch, Virginia Gwin Lynch, and Robert William Unger Scholarship – This scholarship was established by the families of Robert and Virginia Lynch and Robert Unger to assist adult students who are age 50 or older.
- Robert A. Pringle Memorial Scholarship – This scholarship is funded by an endowment in honor of the person who founded the Bachelor of General Studies degree program, Dr. Robert Pringle. Eligible recipients must have good academic standing and exhibit the potential to do college work. Life experience, interests, and completed academic work shall be considered. Financial need is a consideration.
- School of Continuing Education Staff Scholarship – This scholarship is established by the staff of the School of Continuing Education at EIU. The recipient must be a full-time or part-time nontraditional student enrolled in a School of Continuing Education program in good academic standing, financial need is a consideration.
- Ivan W. and Mabel Blum Weaver Scholarship – This scholarship is endowed by Ivan W. Weaver and his children to assist adult students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.