It is the student's responsibility to apply for graduation once they have completed 90 semester hours. The application for graduation fee is $25.
To graduate with a Bachelor of Arts and General Studies Degree, a student must complete 120 semester hours of credit which include:
- 40 semester hours at the junior/senior level.
- 20 semester hours earned from Eastern Illinois University (via on-campus, off-campus or distance learning courses).
- 12 semester hours of credit in math and/or natural science.
- 12 semester hours of credit in social science.
- 12 semester hours of credit in humanities.
- 6 semester hours of communication/language.
- 3 semester hours of senior seminar.
- 1 course in cultural diversity.
- BGS 2985 - Adults in Transition (Required first semester)
- BGS 3002 - Critical Thinking and the Adult Learner
- BGS 4001 - Self-Directed Leadership
- Meet Writing Competency Requirement.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (4.0 scale)
Note: After being admitted to the Bachelor of Arts in General Studies Degree program, only grades of "C" or above will be accepted. A student will receive no credit toward the degree for any course in which a grade of D is earned.