Forty Years of Greatness
For 40 years, Eastern Illinois University has served adult learners in Illinois with our Bachelor of Arts in General Studies degree program for working adults. We will be celebrating 40 years of greatness with a reception for alumni, current students and special guests of the program. (more information)
Our program, which results in a BA in General Studies, is specifically designed to meet the educational goals of mature adults in a format and structure compatible with adult responsibilities. We are exceptionally well-suited to serve the education needs of adults who cannot access university coursework in a traditional manner. The Bachelor of Arts in General Studies Degree Program is committed to helping you turn your educational dreams into reality!
Why should you choose our program?
We know you have goals, and we can help you accomplish them. Let our staff support you as you continue your educational pursuit. Now is the time to take that next step!
- We have 40 years of experience in offering a fully accredited Bachelor of Arts degree for the adult learner
- The BGS program is designed for the adult who has family and/or career responsibilities
- Students have the opportunity to have their work/life experiences assessed by faculty for college credit
- We offer evening and weekend courses at several sites within Illinois, as well as online classes
- Academic advisors will support you throughout the program
- A maximum of 80 community college credits may be applied toward meeting degree requirements, and up to 100 hours in transfer from regionally accredited community colleges and universities may be applied to meeting the graduation criteria where appropriate
- Students have the option of earning up to two minors
We are a military friendly university. Please check out
http://eiu.edu/finaid/veteran_benefits.php information on veteran benefits.