Assessment in the Major
Student Learning Assessment Program Summary Forms for AY 12-13 are due June 13, 2014. (click here for the form)
Check to see where your department is on the 2-year reporting cycle!
Reporting Cycle List
Each academic department maintains responsibility for the assessment of student learning in all programs and courses offered by that department. However, at both the university-wide and the college/department levels, a common process guides assessment:
- Learning goals and assessable objectives linked both to the institution's mission and goals and to the goals of the general education program
- Designing an affordable, understandable plan to measure learni
- Collecting and interpreting information relative to students' ability to meet the learning goals and objectives
- Providing feedback to students and other stakeholders
- Devising means of improving student learning that are linked to strategic planning and budgeting processes
- Gathering, interpreting, and using evidence related to student learning form the foundation of this process.