Dr. Richard (Zhe) Wang, CMA
Office: 3615 - Lumpkin Hall
Frequently Taught CoursesIntermediate Accounting; Financial Accounting Standards (MBA); Accounting from a Managerial Perspective (MBA), Managerial Accounting.
- PhD in Accounting (2010), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- BCA with Honours (1st Class) in Accounting (2006), Victoria University of Wellington
- BCA in Accounting & Commercial Law (2005), Victoria University of Wellington
Professional OrganizationsInstitute of Management Accountants, American Accounting Association.
ResearchFinancial Statement Analysis, Equity Valuation, Fair Value, Accounting Conservatism, Corporate Strategy.
- Measures of Accounting Conservatism: A Construct Validity Perspective (2009), Journal of Accounting Literature, with Ciaran O Hogartaigh and Tony van Zijl.
- The Asymmetric Market Valuation of Nonrecurring Items and Accounting Conservatism (2012). Academy of Business Journal, Vol. 2.
- Operating Risk and Accounting Conservatism: An Empirical Study (2013), The International Journal of Business and Finance Research.