Dr. Ahmed S Abou-Zaid
Office: 2159 - Coleman Hall
EducationMA Economics (2002), American University in Cairo
Ph.D. Economics (2008), Southern Illinois University
For more information, please visit the Speakers Bureau Webpage.
Religion and Middle East studies
Publications- "Patterns of Technology Transfer among Arab Gulf States: Opportunities and Challenges", with Dean Elmuti, Intl' Journal of Commerce and Managment. Forthcoming
- “NAFTA and Sources of Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations in North America”, with Sami Abdelwahab, Journal of Sustainable Economy, Vol. 5 (3), 2013. Forthcoming.
- “Forecasting Foreign Exchange Rate using Artificial Neural networks: A Traders’ Approach”, with Adam Stokes, Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Vol.5 (4), 2012.
- “Role of Strategic Fit and Resource Complementarily in Strategic Alliance Effectiveness”, Journal of Global Business and Technology, with Dean Elmuti and Heather Jia, Vol. 8(2), 2012.
- “Volatility Spillover Effects in Emerging MENA Markets”, Review of Applied Economics, Vol. 7 (1-2), 2011.
- “Exchange Rate-Pass Through in the Mideast region: Evidence from Egypt and Israel”, the IUP Journal of Monetary Economics, Vol. (9) 1, 2011.
- “The Elasticity of Substitution in the U.S. manufacturing Industry”, Empirical Economics Letters”, Vol. 10 (2), 2011.
- “The Optimal Inflation in a Backward-Induction Game” with Liaoliao Li. Economics and Business Journal: Inquires and Perspectives, Vol. 3 (1), 2010.