Trouble Viewing the Course Media?
Please attempt the following solutions before attempting to contact Technical Support
- Select “Audio Only” for the Media Option on the MEDIA SETTINGS page (Media Settings link is in the upper right hand corner of the AlcoholEdu screen).
- Do not play music or run video clips on your computer (CD, MP3s, other websites, etc.) while viewing the course.
- Try another browser. We support Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Do not have any other programs or applications running on your computer while viewing the course (including applications such as Instant Messenger, or music file sharing – Kazaa, Audiogalaxy, etc).
- Log in at a campus lab or library as opposed to your residence hall for a faster Internet connection.
- Access the course at a different time of day (during non-peak hours, i.e. morning).
- Do not use your wireless connection. Connect directly to the Internet for a faster Internet connection.
While we don’t anticipate students having any trouble using the site, should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Simply click on the "Help" button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen or call 1-866-384-9062. One does not need to be logged into the course to access the Help Site.
Please note that the Eastern Illinois University Help Desk is not the AlcoholEdu Technical Support Center.
Additionally, AlcoholEdu for College requires Flash 7.0 or higher, and either Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator for best results. If one does not have ready access to a computer that meets the minimum system technical requirements, we recommend using a computer at a local library, copy center, or community center. For more detailed technical information, use the Student Troubleshooting Guide (pdf) and scroll to Computer Requirements.
Minimum System Requirements