College of Arts & Humanities Curriculum Committee Minutes
Wednesday, February 1, 2012, James K. Johnson Conference RoomMembers present: Caroline Simpson, Chair, Art, Olaf Hoerschelmann, Vice Chair, CMN, Francine McGregor, ENG, Irene Coromina, FLG, Joy Kammerling, HIS, Eunseong Kim, JOU, Danelle Larson, MUS, David Wolski, THA, Assoc. Dean Patricia Poulter, ex officio,
Chair Simpson called the meeting to order at 3:00 p.m.
On the motion of Wolski and the second of McGregor, the minutes of December 7, 2011 were approved.
II. Executive Actions
There were no executive actions.
III. Items acted upon
- 11.36 New course proposal MUS 1560, Intro to Music Composition
- 11.37 Proposed revision to Music Performance Option
- 11.38 Proposed revision to Music Teacher Certification Option
- 11.39 New course proposal FLI 1101, Beginning Italian I
- 11.40 New course proposal FLI 1102, Beginning Italian II
- 11.41 New course proposal FLI 2201G, Intermediate Italian I
- 11.42 New course proposal FLI 2202G, Intermediate Italian II
- 11.43 New course proposal FLF 3402, Advanced Oral Proficiency
- 11.44 New course proposal FLG 3402, Advanced Oral Proficiency
- 11.45 New course proposal FLS 3402, Advanced Oral Proficiency
IV. Discussion Items
Due to a course scheduling conflict, Dr. Simpson may be unable to start the meetings on occasion. In these instances, Dr. Hoerschelmann will be prepared to begin the meetings and turn the "gavel" to Dr. Simpson upon her arrival.
The Executive Committee will resume meeting regularly.
A flow chart for assisting Chairs and Dept. Curriculum Committees will be developed to assist with navigating the stages of Curriculum approval. Committee members were encouraged to remind their departments that if courses are ADDED, a rationale articulating the need for the course(s), and what is being replaced. Dept./Program Chairs must meet with the Dean to discuss staffing in relation to curriculum revision/additions.
Meeting adjourned by acclamation at 3:30 p.m. by acclamation.
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 8, 2012.