Making the transition from a community college to a four-year university can seem intimidating, and that's why EIU has created Transfer-Friendly Fridays! We want to promote a smooth and successful transfer process by providing prospective transfer students a unique opportunity to explore Eastern's academic and cultural environment.
So What Are Transfer-Friendly Fridays?
Transfer-Friendly Fridays are essentially a chance for prospective transfer students to spend a day learning everything they need to know about EIU! We'll tell you about housing and dining options, financial aid and scholarship opportunities, and things to do in Charleston. You'll meet with a department representative, take a tour of campus, and have lunch in one of our dining halls. And in case we don't cover one of your questions throughout the rest of the day, a Q&A session will get you an answer!
Let's Get You Signed Up!
Transfer-Friendly Fridays are limited to 24 participants per event date. Registration is open, click here to register online.
Still Have Questions?
For further information, contact Transfer Coordinator Rita Pearson at email@example.com.
Visitor Parking Options
- Visit the Office of Transfer Relations or Office of Admissions in Old Main (first floor, west end of castle) to obtain a free, one-day permit for visitor parking lot X or print this permit.
- Purchase a one-day permit to park in any staff or student lot at the Eastern Illinois University Police Department, which is located on Seventh Street across from the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.
- Use any metered parking on Seventh Street across from Blair Hall or at the MLK Jr. Union.
- Handicapped parking on campus still requires an EIU visitor permit.
Student Parking Options
- Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Permits go on sale the first week of school.
- More parking information can be obtained through the Eastern Illinois University Police Department.