Student Organizations and Clubs
Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering
Advisors: Dr. Isaac Slaven and Mr. Gabe Grant
The Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering is recognized as the premier professional association. The organization promotes industrial technology in business, industry, education, and government.
EIU Construction Club
Advisor: Dr. Wafeek Wahby
As part of Eastern Illinois University, School of Technology, the Construction Club's vision is to be a community of aspiring leaders in the construction industry locally and globally centered on creating an environment that fosters technical excellence and promotes better communication with people and management of materials and resources.
Society of Manufacturing Engineers
Advisor: Dr. James McKirahan
Society of Manufacturing Engineers is a internationally recognized organization of manufacturing practitioners, companies and other organizations.
Graphics Technology Club
Co-Advisors: Mr. Gabriel Grant and Mr. Aaron Melton
Graphics Technology Club is an association of students in partnership with industry, dedicated to sharing theories, principles, techniques, and processes relating to graphics technology. We fulfill this role in the following ways:
- Apply for grants to support hands on research activities
- Compete in local, national, and international design and production competitions
- Conduct workshops demonstrating graphic production and design theories, principles, techniques, and processes
- Invite industry members and alumni to meetings to share knowledge and experiences of real world application of design and production technologies
- Tour graphic production and design facilities
- Attend graphics technology tradeshows and conferences
Donate club time, resources, and products in support of local and national non-profit organizations and charitable events