Construction Technical Concentration
Construction concentration coursework includes study in the areas of architectural drafting, surveying, cost estimating, construction equipment and materials, construction management, and business law. Persons graduating with a B.S. in Applied Engineering and Technology with a concentration in construction typically pursue careers as Construction Project Managers, Production Supervisors, Cost Estimators, Codes and Standards Engineers, and Quality Control Engineers.
A minimum of 15 semester hours of coursework is required and may be selected from the following list.
- AET 2253 - Construction Equipment and Materials - Required
- AET 3213 - Surveying and Site Planning
- AET 3223 - Architectural Drafting and Blueprint Reading
- AET 3603 - Mechanical Systems in Residential & Commercial Buildings
- AET 3803 - Sustainable Construction
- AET 4223 - Construction Cost Estimating
- AET 4243 - Construction Project Management
- BUS 2750 - Legal and Social Environment of Business