Procedure for Independent Study
The approval of independent study shall be completed before 10th day of the semester.
- Student: Talk to the interested faculty and agree on an outline of tasks (procedure) on the independent study project. Specifically, you need to state what will be achieved as a result of the independent study.
- Student: Discuss with the faculty on ways to document and evaluate the above procedure.
- Graduate Coordinator: Discuss the faculty assignment with the chair of the School of Technology.
- Student: Fill out the Application for Independent Study form according to the above procedure and evaluation, once the faculty assignment is approved. The forms are available with the graduate coordinator.
- Once the independent study is approved, the following need to have a copy: student, graduate coordinator, school secretary.
- School secretary will initiate the registration of the independent study for the student.
- Student and supervising faculty: Work together to accomplish what are proposed in the form.
- Supervising faculty: Assign grade in terms of CR/No CR for the independent study based on the performance of the student at the end of the semester.