Graduate Assistantships and Research Assistantships
Limited graduate assistantships and research assistantships are available for a semester or academic year. Assistantships provide tuition waivers for two semesters and one summer term and access to laboratories, computer systems and offices. Graduate assistants monitor open laboratories, assist professors with classroom and laboratory duties, assist undergraduate students with laboratory assignments, conduct research in specific areas, and other similar responsibilities.
The School of Technology's laboratories include:
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Automation and Control
- Scanning Electron Microscope
- Materials Testing
- Graphic Communication
Duties of the Graduate Assistants
- Maintain and improve lab equipment and facility.
- Support and assist with lab instructions and related curriculum enhancement.
- Open houses and demo for classes and visitors.
- Research assignment by faculty.
- Other duties specified by the university or graduate school, e.g., helping student registrations.
- Professional services/support for activities sponsored by the School of Technology, e.g., tech exhibit and representing the school at GSAC.
Approved by the Graduate Committee, April 27, 2000.