New and Exciting
News for the Student Insurance Plan for the 2015-16 Year!!
This year, Student Insurance will be covering most Service Fees (see Schedule of Benefits below) at the Health Service and reduce the copays at the Health Service Pharmacy!
The deductible is still only $50 per injury or illness!
Changes to the coverage also include:
- An annual maximum benefit of $20,000, elimination of the lifetime maximum
- Mental health and counseling are now included in the $20,000 annual maximum, an increase from the $5,000 lifetime limit
- Inpatient physician benefits are now 50% rather than $100 on first day and $50 on each additional day of confinement.
- ADD & ADHD are covered
- Transgender/gender identity counseling
- CT's and MRI's are now covered at 50%, eliminating prior maximums
Other coverage includes hospital expense, office visits, surgery, mental health, substance abuse, ambulance transport, maternity, lab and X-ray.
|Schedule of Benefits*|
|Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse||80%|
|Lab and X-Ray||80%|
|CT and MRI||50%|
|Surgery||80% Usual and Customary|
|Ambulance||80% up to $300|
|Dental||$100 per injured tooth|
|Health Service Schedule of Benefits*|
Tier I - Neb Treatment, Ear Wash, Dressing/Debridement/Burns, Wound Care, Destruction of Lesions, Foreign Body Removal - Cost $15.00
Tier II - Repairs, Nails, Incision and Drainage, Injection/Aspiration of Joint, Excision of Lesion - Cost $45.00
Hepatitis B (Limit 1), MMR (Limit 1), Tdap/Td (Limit 1), Hepatitis A (Limit 1), Meningitis, Gardasil (Limit 1), Typhoid
Health Service Pharmacy Benefit
Tier I -(Cost $15, Plan pays (savings)$10. Student pays $5, Without Student Insurance coverage, student would pay $15)
Tier II - (Cost $25, Plan pays (savings) $15, Student pays $10. Without Student Insurance coverage, student would pay $25)
Tier III - (Cost $50, Plan pays (savings) $30, Student pays $20. Without Student Insurance coverage, student would pay $50)
All of this for the low cost of $109.95 per semester!
Student Insurance still provides worldwide coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, without a network.
Student Insurance is now available to purchase if you are enrolled in online or off-campus classes. You can also purchase Student Insurance if you are enrolled in less than 9 on-campus hours.
Don't get stuck with the bill! Student Insurance can save you time, money, and headaches.
- Online and Off-Campus Enrollment Form - for Student Insurance and Health Service - Spring 2016 (pdf)
- Online and Off-Campus Enrollment Form - for Student Insurance and Health Service - Summer 2016 (pdf)