Student Affairs Scholarships
Hobart F. Heller Scholarship
- The scholarship recipient shall be a Senior who has attended EIU for most of his/her first “three years” of college.
- The recipient shall be a student who, by reason of scholarship, character, sense of purpose, growth, and service to EIU during their first three years, gives promise of a life of service and leadership.
- The recipient shall be “independent” and “respectful”.
- The recipient must have shown “dedication” to something bigger than herself/himself.
- Preference will be given to the student who has found herself/himself at EIU and has since grown.
- The recipient must stay enrolled as a full-time student his/her Senior year. (“entering the senior year” means that 70% to 80% of his/her work has been completed, and that he/she will normally be expected to spend the next full academic year enrolled as a full time student.
- Preference will be given to the student who has lived in residence halls, or fraternity or sorority houses.
- Preference will be given to the higher ranking student.
- The recipient will be one whose influence will be felt wherever he/she is and whatever he/she does, and that the influence will be for good.
- This scholarship is announced in the spring and paid upon the student's first enrollment or re-enrollment.
- The recipient must be an Eastern student at the time that the check is issued.
Application deadline date: Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 4:30 pm.
Contact: Vice President for Student Affairs - 217-581-3221.