Through various programs and services, it is our mission to provide a variety of co-curricular experiences designed to enrich the social, cultural, educational and personal development of Eastern Illinois University students; promote student leadership, civic responsibility and respect for diversity; and empower and encourage EIU students to reach their full potential in a student-centered, supportive environment.
The Student Life Office seeks to compliment the academic mission of the university through collaborative relationships, programs and services designed to foster student success, involvement and governance.
- Collaboration — Create partnerships that build a sense of community.
- Involvement — Engaging in experiences that compliment the classroom.
- Student-Centeredness — Focused on meeting needs and expectations.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness — Values, accepts and embraces diversity.
- Empowerment — Value stakeholders, autonomy and decision making.
- Social Responsibility — Accountability for actions and behaviors.
- Civic and Community Engagement — Service and contributions to others.
- Innovative — Promoting positive programming through change.